- 1 cup quinoa cooked according to package directions (you can cook quinoa in either water or chicken stock to add a little more flavor)
- 14 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 ounce can corn, drained
- 1/2 of a large red bell pepper
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice from 2 limes1
- 3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook 1 cup quinoa according to package directions. I like to cook my quinoa in either vegetable stock or chicken stock to add a little flavor. I also like to rinse it before I cook it. To do this, just place the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse it under water for a few minutes.
- When the quinoa is done cooking, fluff it with a fork, transfer it to a large bowl, and allow it to cool completely (about 15 minutes).
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, olive oil, ground cumin, black pepper and salt.
- When the quinoa has cooled, add in black beans, corn, red bell pepper, chopped green onions, and cilantro.
- Stir in dressing and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Leftovers the next day are even better! Enjoy!