The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from other parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site and Online Apps.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Site, App, and Services.
- To Sign Up for a Trial Class Online. To sign up for a trial workout at City Fit Shop, you must provide us with your name, email address, phone number, date of birth, your payment information for your workout. We also will collect information that you provide about any health conditions that could affect your ability to participate in a workout.
- To Schedule or Purchase Sessions Online. To create an account to sign up for workout sessions or to purchase sessions online through our Site or our App, you must provide us with your name, physical address, email address, date of birth, phone number, height and weight, payment and billing information, and username and password. If you complete a membership agreement or sign up for a fitness event, we also collect information that you provide about any health conditions that could affect your ability to participate in a workout. If you do not provide this information, you will not be able to create an online account, complete a membership agreement, or make a purchase.
We will also collect information about the workouts you schedule and information about your purchases. You may also provide information about your preferences, such as your favorite studios and coaches.
- When You Visit Us In-Person at a Facility. If you sign up for a trial class or become an member by registering at City Fit Shop, you must provide us with your name, physical address, email address, date of birth, phone number, height and weight, marital status, emergency contact information, and payment and billing information. We also will collect information that you provide about any health conditions that could affect your ability to participate in a workout. If you do not provide this information, we or our franchisee (as applicable) may not be able to offer our services to you.We also will collect information about the workout sessions you schedule, details about your exercise frequency and goals (as provided by you), and information about your purchases. We will also collect information when you check in for a workout, such as your name, address, email address, member number.
At certain locations you have the option of voluntarily participating in a body scanning program. This scan will measure your body’s muscle mass, fat percentage, and total body water, and will report your overall body composition and body mass index (based on your height, weight, gender, and age). These scans help you understand the effects of your workouts.
We also collect information about you when you interact with us on social networking platforms. If you message us or tag us in a social network post, we will collect information about your message or the post we are tagged in.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Site and Apps through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
- domain name;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view on the Site; links you click on the Site; your IP address;
- the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services;
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site; and
- your device’s location information, with your permission, to help identify your location and relevant City Fit Shop locations close to you.
How We Use The Information
We may use personal information we collect for any of the following purposes, in addition to the main purposes listed above:
- Provide you with our Services
- Contact you in connection with the Services, including via text, email, or phone.
- Complete transactions.
- Provide customer and account services, such as notices regarding products or services or your account.
- Comply with applicable laws, law enforcement, or pursue our legal rights, including performing and enforcing our contractual obligations and rights, such as billing and collection.
- Evaluate and improve our products and services, and develop new products and services.
- Tailor our marketing and advertising to you, including via retargeting and creating look-alike audiences.
The legal bases we rely upon to process your information in connection with the use cases described above are:
- We process personal information about you when is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party, or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- We process personal information about you when processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation which applies to us;
- We process personal information about you when processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms).
Information We Share
- Contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and provide you with our products and services and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and secure, and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Buyers or other successors in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- Government entities or other parties to comply with court order, law, or legal process, including responding to a government, court, or regulatory request.
- Government entities, third-party cybersecurity experts, or other parties as necessary and appropriate to ensure the security and integrity of our networks, or otherwise protect the rights, property, or safety of City Fit Shop, our customers, or others.
- Data analytics providers for the purpose of advertising, marketing, or new franchise opportunities.
Cookies And Linked Sites
The technologies we use for automatic data collection on our website include cookies and web beacons. A cookie is a small text file placed on your device. A web beacon is a small electronic file (e.g., clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) with a unique identifier that is used to understand browsing activity. We use data collected through these technologies, which we may supplement with other information such as location, to help us improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
Linked Sites. Our website may include links to other websites or content that belong to third parties. We are not responsible for personal information that you voluntarily disclose to such third parties and we are not responsible for third party websites, content or services. You should review the privacy policies associated with those third parties.
Children Under The Age Of 16
For children who participate in City Fit Shop Inc. programs, we collect personal information (limited to first name, last name, and date of birth) for the purposes of enabling their participation in our programs. This information is collected from parents when they register their children for the service.
We do not market products or services to children, and do not knowingly collect personal information from them save in respect to information we collect from parents about children to participate in our services. In accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations, if we learn that we have received information directly from a child under age 16 (or such age as may apply in certain jurisdictions) without his or her parent’s or legal guardian’s consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use our services. Subsequently, we will delete such information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected]
Your Privacy Rights
Rights of Individuals located in Canada may have or will have the right to: (1) know what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell; (2) request that we delete your personal information; (3) access and obtain a copy of your personal information that we collect; (4) request correction of inaccurate personal information; (5) opt out of targeted advertising; or (6) limit the use and disclosure of certain sensitive information. We will honor your request to the extent required by applicable law and will make a good faith effort to honor your request in all other cases. If you disagree with our response to your request, you may appeal the request by submitting supporting documentation to [email protected]
With respect to deletion requests, we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We may not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights. This means that we may not deny you services or charge you different prices or rates for services or provide you with a different level or quality of services (or suggest that we will do so), in response to these requests. However, we may charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of services, where that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your personal information.
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
- Emailing us at [email protected]
- Calling us toll-free at +1 (587) 404-0412
Right of access. You may be entitled to ask us for a copy of any personal information which we hold. This right is known as a ‘Subject Access Request.’
We will normally send you a copy of the personal information within one month of your request. However, that period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity of the request or the difficulty in accessing the personal information that you request. There is usually no charge; but in exceptional circumstances we may charge but will discuss this with you if those circumstances apply.
Right to rectification. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, you may request rectification. The personal information will be checked, and, where appropriate, inaccuracies will be rectified.
Right to erasure. In certain circumstances, you may be entitled to ask us to erase your personal information.
Right to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may wish to move, copy, or transfer the electronic personal information that we hold about you to another organization.
Right to object. You may object to your personal information being used for direct marketing.
You may object to the continued use of your personal information in any circumstances where we rely upon consent as the legal basis for processing it.
Where we rely upon legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing your personal information, you may object to us continuing to process your personal information, but you must give us specific reasons for objecting. We will consider the reasons you provide, but if we consider that there are compelling legitimate grounds for us to continue to process your personal information, we may continue to do so. In that event, we will let you know the reasons for our decision.
Rights related to automated decision-making including profiling. We will not use your personal information in connection with any automated decision-making process. We use limited contact information to carry out certain business development profiling activities to support and grow our business. When doing so, we rely upon our legitimate interests as the lawful basis for processing your personal information and you may exercise the above rights if you do not wish us to process your personal information in this way.
Please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights, as required or permitted by law. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.
Sales of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information.
You may need to register for an account to use all or part of our services. When you do, you will be asked to select a password to help protect your information. These passwords help us verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to any of your personal information. You should never disclose your password to anyone and you should not use the same password for other websites. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and account information.
City Fit Shop Inc.
10036 81 Ave NW
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T6E 1W8
Please be sure to include your full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address so that we may reach you with a response.